Ending of the cycle of domestic violence by providing therapy and support to children and teens dealing with violence at home or in their own relationships.
• Project SAFE’s school-based peer support groups, individual therapy, and educational presentations provide students the tools needed to make positive life choices and develop healthy relationships.
• Pre-school through high school students receive guidance on safety planning, healthy relationships, anger control, violence and substance abuse prevention, and building a positive sense of self.
• School personnel are offered training and consultation on domestic violence.
Rose Brooks Center Bridge Program®
Serving patients experiencing domestic violence in the safety of local hospitals and clinics.
• Services are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Advocates provide compassionate and confidential referrals, including shelter, legal services, therapy, and safety planning.
• Continuous training for medical staff.
Court and Police Advocacy
Advocating for and guiding survivors through complex court systems.
• Caring advocates answer questions and offer support throughout the legal process. Services offered include connection to shelter, therapy, and help planning for safety.
• Advocacy services are offered for orders of protection and criminal cases with the Kansas City Municipal Court, Police Department, state court, and Jackson County court.